Back to list
Youth Mental Health First Aid Lite training
This resource has the following types:
Youth Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Lite is an introductory course designed to raise awareness of young people’s mental health and the issues that can affect this age group. The training is relevant for people who teach, work, live with and care for 8 to 18 year olds, including young people themselves. Youth MHFA Lite is not intended to replace the two day Youth MHFA training course but is a good introduction to those interested in young people’s mental health.
The course will help you to:
- Explore the issues around young people’s mental health and how to relate to them.
- Support young people who may be experiencing mental health issues.
- Gain a wider understanding of some issues surrounding young people’s mental health, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis.
- Interact more effectively with young people who are experiencing mental health issues.
- Get an insight into the two day Youth MHFA course.
Independent research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health and feel confident guiding young people towards appropriate support
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Encourages people to start a conversation with a young person who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
Everyone who attends the course will receive a copy of the Youth MHFA Lite manual and workbook, which are both excellent support resources. When you have completed the course you will also receive a certificate to confirm that you have attended.
Dates throughout the year please see booking details to obtain dates available.
How to Book
To book at place on this course, or further information please contact: Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org or 01472 323837
Cost £50 - funding could be available contact Natalie Justice for details Natalie.email@example.com or 01472 323837
North East Lincolnshire
Follow On Options
Youth Mental Health First Aid Training